Gene Sisco has 40 years of experience in large scale retail, urban mixed use and multifamily real estate development. He is a developer, construction manager and award-winning architect: 45 million sf.
After practicing architecture and construction management, Mr. Sisco founded Development by Design, Inc. to fill a business management weakness in the real estate development process wherein design/architectural “intent” did not result in on time/on budget performance.
He assembled a multidisciplinary team to manage owner real estate development risk from a project’s inception through fruition. Designing to a target budget, value engineering, and requiring periodic scope-to-cost checks are leadership benchmarks DbyD has prioritized for its “Design/Build Team.”
Domestic projects include Large Retail Regional Shopping Centers, Urban Mixed Use, Municipal, Institutional, Multifamily Residential and Entertainment.
Abroad, DbyD has provided concepts for vertical malls, mixed use urban infill, and entertainment for developments in China, South Korea, Japan, Spain, and Italy.
In addition to actively leading development projects, Mr. Sisco has been a frequent advisor to institutional owners, providing creative project development concepts that bring together the worlds of leasing and design/build for value-added solutions. He has served as an expert witness in retail development litigation disputes.
M.B.A. from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, Master of Architecture from Harvard University’s School of Design. B.A. from Holy Cross College.
Mr. Sisco is a Global and Commercial Retail Council Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and a Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
- Henry Adams Award, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
- Three time American Institute of Architects, Distinguished Building Awards Winner
- Progressive Architecture Magazine, PA Design Award
- BOMA, Maryland, Building of the Year Award
Luis Menendez, MRICS, CCE, CCM, PMP
Mr. Menendez has over 25 years of experience in project management, construction, resource management, budget controls, contract bidding, and cost estimating. He has demonstrated facility in handling multi-million dollar assignments under demanding conditions, within strict budget and time constraints.
Mr. Menendez’s has directed projects worldwide: Vietnam, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Japan and South Korea.
Prior to working with Mr. Sisco he was Director of International Design and Constriction, Loews Cineplex Entertainment.
- BSET, Construction and Engineering Technology, 1992, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Certificate, Architectural Technology, 1984, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- US EPA/US Dept. of Energy, Labs21 – High Performance, Low Energy Design Course
- AACE International, Certification Review Seminar Program
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED for New Construction Technical Review Workshop
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE International)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Professional Member of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Certified Cost Engineer
- Certified Construction Manager
Marisa J. Vourderis
Ms. Vourderis manages in-house organization and systems for the company. She is the “go to” person interfacing between various team professions – architecture/engineering, leasing, finance, scheduling, estimating, construction and tenant coordination for communication and task tracking.
She has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Arizona. Prior to joining DbyD, she was Director of Operations at the Museum of Contemporary Arts, Tucson, Arizona.